The Top 15 Things to Do In Knoxville, TN: Part 1
Knoxville is a beautiful city in Tennessee, surrounded by natural beauties like the Smoky Mountains, the gorgeous Tennessee River, and the picturesque parks. With so many places to see and things to do in our area, we decided to list out our top 15 recommendations for how to spend a day in Knoxville.
15) Knoxville Zoo — The zoo is well known for its animal enrichment programs, nature exhibits, and numerous educational opportunities. They even have a breeding program for the elusive Red Panda here. Children always get a kick out of the baby primates, and they may even catch some bears playing with each other in their enclosure. The zoo is staffed with a strong team of knowledgeable employees always eager to answer your questions.
14) Knoxville Museum of Art — Featuring local and international artists alike, this small museum is well maintained, expertly curated, and ideal for creative-types of all ages. You can cover the entire museum in less than two hours at a leisurely pace. Children also always love taking a crack at the scavenger hunt as well.
13) Old City — This rejuvenated section of the city is excellent for photography and also boasts a number of live music venues. Buildings have been refurbished to include an eclectic mix of eateries and shops in addition to entertainment and nightlife options. The old buildings are breathtakingly beautiful and, to top of all that, there is typically plenty of parking.
12) Lakeshore Park — There are always interesting sights to see in this part of Knoxville. Kids always have a great time playing on the outdoor playground. The scenic location also has plenty of wide open field space, along with a calmer walking trail. If you and your family are in dire need of a day out of the house in the great outdoors, make sure Lakeshore Park is at the top of your list.
11) World’s Fair Park — One of the most beloved places in Knoxville, this park was the venue for the World’s Fair in 1982, the focus of which was energy. This park consists of several beautiful fountains, lush walking trails, and plenty of grassy areas to stretch out and relax in. You even get to soak in a view of the Tennessee River and the Smoky Mountains from The Sunsphere’s observation deck.
10) Knox Whisky Works — This suggestion may only be for the adults, but hey, you need a break too. This delightful distillery is a great place for good drinks and better conversation. The staff is unquestionably dedicated to their craft and always willing to help you learn more. Pro tip: do not miss out on their specialty cocktails!
9) Peter Kern Library — Contrary to what the name may imply, Peter Kern Library is a sophisticated speakeasy-style bar that operates out of the back of the extremely popular Oliver Hotel. The bar boasts a cozy and quiet vibe that is ideal for date night or catching up with a small group of friends. The hand-crafted cocktails are famous throughout the area.
8) Market Square — This is a beautiful pedestrian mall located in the middle of Knoxville and surrounded by some of the best places in the state to eat, as well as wonderful shops. It is a great place to get some steps in, people watch, or kick back for a long conversation.Are you looking for a quality ride to help you do some of the activities listed above? Check out our new and used vehicle inventory online and upgrade your daily driving experience today.